We help our clients to navigate the regulatory landscape by providing pragmatic and sensible advice.
We assist our clients with a broad range of issues across the regulated media sectors, including compliance with the applicable regulatory codes, licensing and notification requirements and dealing with regulatory interventions.
In the audio-visual sector, we advise our producer and broadcaster clients on how best to ensure compliance with the Ofcom Broadcasting Code (and/or, where applicable, the BBC Editorial Guidelines and ODPS Rules) and avoid regulatory action being taken. Where issues do arise, we are also able to assist with responding to regulatory investigations.
Our Advertising team have deep sectoral expertise and regularly advise agencies and their advertiser clients on compliance with the CAP and BCAP Codes.
Our Reputation team provide tailored, specialist advice to those featured in programmes on their rights and remedies, including (where appropriate) preparing and submitting regulatory complaints.
Our areas of expertise include the following:
- The Ofcom Broadcasting Code and associated guidance
- The BBC Editorial Guidelines
- Notification and compliance with Ofcom’s On Demand Programme Service Rules
- Ofcom TV and radio broadcast licensing
- Responding to Ofcom investigations
- Ofcom’s sanctions process in cases involving breaches of broadcast licences
- Advertising compliance with the CAP/BCAP Codes
- The “European works” regime
- Carriage agreements
They are very commercial, really understand our business and can apply the law practically in line with our business goals.
Every lawyer I have worked with has been friendly, approachable and willing to listen.
They were incredibly understanding of our unique needs and collaborated in a very flexible way. I would describe the team as very approachable and capable – they took time to listen to our requirements and made recommendations accordingly.