We have extensive expertise in this area, and offer our clients tailored legal solutions to protect their reputation, privacy and confidentiality as effectively as possible.
We prefer to help clients manage their reputations to avoid the need for litigation. Before publication, we can operate quickly and ﬂexibly in light of a potential media crisis. After publication, we act swiftly to seek remedies.
Where litigation is necessary, we have signiﬁcant expertise in defamation, misuse of private information and breach of conﬁdence, harassment, injunctive relief applications and online issues.
When the possible threats to any client’s reputation are not limited to the UK, we work with an international network of trusted ﬁrms, whose local knowledge and expertise supplement our own.
If you require urgent out-of-hours assistance, please contact our duty lawyer on +44 20 7874 5757.
Our areas of expertise include the following:
- Using legal tools to assist with crisis management
- Providing legal advice on any issue that might affect reputation, whether before or after anything has appeared in the media or elsewhere
- Advising on leaked, stolen or otherwise misappropriated material, including photographs and data
- Guidance on harassment by journalists, photographers or others, both on- and offline
- Commencing proceedings, whether in court or by way of arbitration or mediation
- Assisting in cases where a reputation is in danger of being damaged as a result of third-party litigation
- Seeking injunctive relief when appropriate.
Vast knowledge and experience of very difficult cases and high profile ones.
Gideon is a very commercially minded litigator.
Gideon Benaim "makes an effort to engage with you as an individual as well as a client, which goes a long way to work the client engagement process"
Huge effort, attention to detail and great concern for their clients.
Every lawyer I have worked with has been friendly, approachable and willing to listen.
They were incredibly understanding of our unique needs and collaborated in a very flexible way. I would describe the team as very approachable and capable – they took time to listen to our requirements and made recommendations accordingly.