We have extensive expertise in this area, and offer our clients tailored legal solutions to protect their reputation, privacy and confidentiality as effectively as possible.
We prefer to help clients manage their reputations to avoid the need for litigation. Before publication, we can operate quickly and ﬂexibly in light of a potential media crisis. After publication, we act swiftly to seek remedies.
Where litigation is necessary, we have signiﬁcant expertise in defamation, misuse of private information and breach of conﬁdence, harassment, injunctive relief applications and online issues.
When the possible threats to any client’s reputation are not limited to the UK, we work with an international network of trusted ﬁrms, whose local knowledge and expertise supplement our own.
If you require urgent out-of-hours assistance, please contact our duty lawyer on +44 20 7874 5757.
Our areas of expertise include the following:
- Using legal tools to assist with crisis management
- Providing legal advice on any issue that might affect reputation, whether before or after anything has appeared in the media or elsewhere
- Advising on leaked, stolen or otherwise misappropriated material, including photographs and data
- Guidance on harassment by journalists, photographers or others, both on- and offline
- Commencing proceedings, whether in court or by way of arbitration or mediation
- Assisting in cases where a reputation is in danger of being damaged as a result of third-party litigation
- Seeking injunctive relief when appropriate.
Gideon is very good at translating the legal aspects into what actually matters.
Gideon Benaim and Jon Oakley are a great team, always super quick response and ready to get on board at a moment’s notice.
The people that one turns to in times of crisis have to be compassionate as well as capable and the Simkins team are just that.
They are very commercial, really understand our business and can apply the law practically in line with our business goals.
They are great - we can rely on them to be responsive and do extremely high-quality work
They understand our business incredibly well and provide a range of specialists as needed.