Employment law advice needs to be concise, timely and, of course, practical.
We have wide expertise in the media and entertainment sectors but are equally at home with clients from other industries, including advertising, construction, ﬁnance, charities, professional services, local authorities, and SMEs. We also regularly advise senior executives, including CEOs and partners.
Our clients are extremely busy people. Our approach is to have a deep understanding of their businesses and the environment where they work and to be their trusted advisers. Through this approach, and because of the level of our advice, we provide a first-rate, partner-led service with practical and pragmatic advice.
Our areas of expertise include the following:
- Contracts of employment and service agreements
- Consultancy/freelancer agreements
- Settlement/termination agreements
- Employment Tribunal proceedings
- High Court proceedings
- Restrictive covenants and team moves
- Bonus/remuneration disputes
- Unfair dismissal
- Discrimination, bullying and harassment
- TUPE and outsourcing
- Employment status/IR35
- Redundancy, restructures and insolvency
- Discipline, performance management and grievances
- Workplace investigations
- Family friendly rights and pregnancy
- Sickness and incapacity
- Subject access requests, data protection and privacy notices
- HR advice
- Corporate due diligence
- Trade union
- Partnerships and LLPs
- Employee handbooks and policies
Punches above its weight… thanks to an excellent team.
Simkins goes the extra mile to make its clients feel valued.
Good eye for strategy and ensures that clients’ expectations are properly managed.
Every lawyer I have worked with has been friendly, approachable and willing to listen.
I thoroughly enjoyed the whole experience and it has definitely made me more interested and eager to be a lawyer.
The entire week was very useful, especially allowing us to shadow lawyers throughout the week because I was able to learn a lot from their respective fields of expertise.