Andrew is an Associate in the Employment group and joined the firm in early 2022.
Since 2010, Andrew has spent much of his time dealing with high value litigation in the Employment Tribunal, High Court and Court of Appeal. Prior to practising employment law, Andrew graduated with a first class law degree and completed his Legal Practice Course at the College of Law in Moorgate, London.
- Advising on settlement agreements for individuals and employers, with particular experience in financial services, insurance, oil and gas, retail, media and tech.
- Representing employers and employees in Employment Tribunal and High Court proceedings, focussing on unfair dismissal, redundancy, discrimination, whistleblowing, team moves, share and bonus disputes.
- Pursuing and defending High Court injunctions (often on an urgent basis) following an employee’s alleged breach of post-termination restrictions.
- Seeking the recovery of debts arising from breaches of contract (such as unpaid contractor fees and unpaid commission) in the County Court, whilst also defending similar claims.
- Drafting workplace documents for companies, including: employment contracts, workplace policies, grievance and disciplinary policies.
Andrew’s recent experience:
- Managing a whistleblowing claim brought by a senior executive who alleged he had made protected disclosures to the CEO of a private bank in Mayfair. The individual Andrew advised had unvested share options worth £3 million for which he was claiming compensation.
- Advising several individuals who had resigned from one insurance brokerage to join a direct competitor. The individuals were subject to interim injunction proceedings and then High Court proceedings for damages, after their former employer alleged that their team move was in breach of their restrictive covenants. The case was reported in all major insurance publications including the Insurance Insider and Insurance Age as well as the Evening Standard, the Guardian and the Telegraph.
- Drafting employment contracts, commission scheme documentation, staff handbooks and employee policies for a wide range of companies, including a Mayfair boutique fashion brand, a Moorgate recruitment consultancy, a Kensington property lettings company and a Westminster based paper manufacturer.
No items found.