Monday 22 February 2021 12:00 PM
In a year of unprecedented turbulence for both landlords and tenants we consider how the landscape has changed for commercial property.
This free seminar will be of interest to investors, owners and occupiers of commercial premises.
With the roll out of the vaccine, looking forward, what can landlords and tenants expect to happen once the moratorium on the ability of landlords of commercial leases to exercise rights of forfeiture in relation to non-payment of rent comes to an end?
In this seminar we consider:
- The contractual position of the parties and what options may be available for tenants looking to reduce their liabilities and landlords seeking to maximise on their investments.
- The Supreme Court’s judgment in the FCA’s business interruption test case.
- Practical considerations for both landlords and tenants post Moratorium.
- The Code of Practice for Commercial Property relationships during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Pandemic Clauses and Turnover Rents.
- The Courts approach to renewal proceedings under the Landlord & Tenant Act 1954 in the post-COVID era.